ABOUT RYAN LITCHFIELD
An autism, disability, and health self-advocate, and a human services and gerontology professional with several years of providing administrative and direct support to older adults and individuals with disabilities. Excellent client and patient care and support; strong documentation and organizational skills; and excellent interpersonal communication skills. Compassionate, friendly, and a team player.
Podcast Appearances and Publications
- Web Publications:
- “Live IG Takeover with Ryan Litchfield” Global Autism Project. https://www.instagram.com/tv/CG-ndlCnIvw/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link. 30 Oct. 2020.
- Ryan’s Voice- http://ryansvoice.blog – Providing blogs, video presentations, and information about autism, disability, and health related topics to educate and promote awareness to others
- Ryan’s Voice (YouTube Channel)- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCk8tkXqt2Sk5_zR77Ob1fgg
- Blog Publications:
- Litchfield, R., (2021). “Appraising the Needs and Strengths of Older Adults on the Autism Spectrum” Autism Grown Up. autismgrownup.com/blog/appraising-the-needs-and-strengths-of-older-adults-on-the-autism-spectrum
- Yudina, D., & Nostin, S.D., (2021). “A Seat at the Table: An Interview with Ryan Litchfield” Massachusetts Professionals in Behavior Analysis. https://sway.office.com/GAA7pO4JRUC9iyMU?ref=Facebook&loc=play&fbclid=IwAR11k4KK3vT0l-i79Z1sd8mvV9TnYV8qY2jxp85dl5odQnPgcSBL9Cgnivg
- Litchfield, R., (2020). “Peer Support Brings Hope and Strength for Autism Communities” Organization for Autism Research (OAR). https://researchautism.org/peer-support-brings-hope-and-strength-for-autism-communities/
- Litchfield, R., (2020). “The Impact of COVID-19 On Individuals With ASD And Their Families” Organization for Autism Research (OAR). https://researchautism.org/the-impact-of-covid-19-on-individuals-with-asd-and-their-families/.
- Litchfield, R., (2019). “Employment and autism: Persevering through successes and roadblocks” Autism Speaks. https://www.autismspeaks.org/life-spectrum/employment-and-autism-persevering-through-successes-and-roadblocks. Published 1 May 2019.
- Podcast Appearances:
- Litchfield, R., (2021). “Episode 60- Receiving ABA and the Need for Research in Older Adults, with Ryan Litchfield” Autism Knows No Borders and Global Autism Project. podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/60-receiving-aba-need-for-research-in-older-adults/id1509574383?i=1000521630243
- Shomon, M., (2020). “Episode 1: Listen to the Patients” Thyroid Deep Dive. https://www.thyroiddeepdive.com/post/episode1 (guest on this podcast sharing my personal experiences with thyroid disease)
- “Episode 17: Autism and Employment- With Autism & Disability Self-Advocate Ryan Litchfield: Educational, Personal, and Professional Experiences in Working with the Autism and Gerontological Communities” My Autism Tribe. Podbean. https://myautismtribe.podbean.com/e/autism-employment/. Published 14 May 2019 (Also featured on iTunes, SoundCloud, Spotify, Google Play, and iHeart Radio)
|Administration||Disability Advocacy (ex. Autism, Epilepsy, Thyroid Disease)|
|Human Resources||Public Speaking (ex. Autism)|
|Planning and Outreach||Web Development and Design w/WordPress|
|Information and Referral||EMRs and Patient/Staff Databases|
|Case Management||Intermediate to Advanced Experience with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OutlookPeer Support|
Care and Support
- Coordinated and scheduled homemaking and personal care services for older adults and people with disabilities via telephone and in-person
- Conducted client and patient visits in their homes for evaluating concerns and needs in terms of activities of daily living (ADLs) and instrumental activities of daily living (IADLs)
- Helped litigants fill out court paperwork relating to housing court and family/probate court (i.e. guardianship, conservatorship, custody, child support, motions, modifications, etc.) as well as provide legal information and resources when appropriate
- Providing peer support and check-ins for adults with autism needing guidance and support with community and personal integration goals such as advocacy, education, mentoring, and motivation
- Running an autism support group with adults that also have mental illness, trauma, and substance abuse to provide support to individuals with life challenges
- Working with adults with autism on goals and needs related to SSI/SSDI, college and financial aid, employment, housing, medication and PCP management, and networking.
Communication and Interpersonal
- Worked extra hours and overtime for other departments when needed in order to have effective coverage (i.e. counseling department)
- Related well to team members, clients, and vendors
- Responded and transferred calls from clients, patients, and vendors in a timely and efficient manner to the appropriate personnel
- Offered guidance and support to individuals and families by recommending different resources and services to address their specific needs within the Commonwealth (the state level) and the federal level
- Connecting adults with autism to information and resources and personnel to assist with their community and personal integration goals
Documentation and Organization Skills
- Created an in-service for home care field staff on ageism and the biopsychosocial model with the assistance of the Home Care LPN and the home care director and the utilization of scholarly resources and a PowerPoint
- Compiled phone assessments for clients and patients to update health information and service implementation and progress by identifying medical issues, number of falls and hospitalizations, formal and informal supports, ADLs and IADLs, authorizations of units, and case manager follow up when needed
- Generated and kept track of databases containing client and patient health information by maintaining current and accurate files and abiding by HIPAA compliance in terms of confidentiality, privacy, and security
- Processed HR paperwork which include Personnel/Payroll Action forms; LOA; and if needed, applicant references.
- Created a training document for KIVA Centers on how to Facilitate Peer Support groups and how to work, support, and communicate effectively with individuals that are on the autism spectrum
- Created a comfort agreement for autism program focus groups for the safety and well-being of individuals on the autism spectrum
- Autism Advocate and Public Speaker, Speaker’s Bureau, Asperger/Autism Network, Watertown, MA
- Autism Case Manager (promotion), Open Sky Community Services, Worcester, MA
- Trauma Informed Peer Support (TIPS) Facilitator, KIVA Centers, Worcester, MA,
- Autism Peer Specialist, Open Sky Community Services, Worcester, MA
- Blogger, Organization for Autism Research
- Home Care Administrative Coordinator, Family Services of Central Massachusetts, Worcester, MA
- State Home Care Case Manager, Elder Services of Worcester, Worcester, MA
- Court Service Center Intern/Volunteer, Worcester Court Service Center, Massachusetts Trial Court, Worcester, MA
- Public Speaker, HMEA’s Autism Resource Central
- State Home Care Case Aide and Clerical Receptionist, Montachusett Home Care, Leominster, MA,
- Administrative Assistant, Behavioral Concepts Inc., Worcester, MA
- Administrative Intern, Central Massachusetts Agency on Aging, West Boylston, MA
- Public Speaker, Central Massachusetts Collaborative, West Boylston, MA
- Undergraduate Intern, HMEA’s Autism Resource Central, West Boylston, MA,
- Autism and Special Education Advocate, Wachusett Special Education Parent Advisory Council, Holden, MA
Education and Certifications
- Rehabilitation Counseling, Course- Introduction to Assessment and Appraisal of Individuals with Disabilities, Masters’ in Rehabilitation Counseling, Assumption University, Worcester, MA, 2021.
- Special Needs Specialist Certificate, The Special Needs Specialist, 2021.
- Introduction to Autism Diagnosis in the Adult, Autism in the Adult, 2020.
- Autism and Women, Autism in the Adult, 2020.
- Autism Certificate, International Board of Credentialing and Continuing Education Standards, Jacksonville, FL, 2020. Certification #: AC20965515.
- Health Advocacy, Course- Delivering Healthcare in America, Masters’ in Health Advocacy, Assumption University, Worcester, MA, 2020.
- Graduate, Certificate in Aging Services, Continuing and Career Education, Assumption College (now Assumption University as of 2020), Worcester, MA, 2017.
- Graduate, Bachelor of Arts- Human Services and Rehabilitation Studies, Assumption College (now Assumption University as of 2020), Worcester, MA, 2017.
- Graduate, H.S. Diploma, Wachusett Regional High School, Holden, MA, 2013.
Health and Medical Disclaimer:
Such health and medical information on this website is merely information – not advice. The information provided on this website is designed for educational purposes. If you need health and medical advice, you need to reach out to your doctor or medical professional. Thank you.